The last few years have seen OnePlus throw us quite a few curveballs. In recent weeks, the company launched the OnePlus 11 and announced it would not release a OnePlus 11T. There will also be no more Pro models (which means no OnePlus 11 Pro). This is interesting when you consider that OnePlus didn’t release a OnePlus 10 when it released OnePlus 10 Pro and OnePlus 10T in 2022. The whole thing is a bit crazy. In any case, we’re looking forward to the OnePlus 12, but what can we expect?
OnePlus always releases a new flagship phone each year. Even though they surprised us with the OnePlus 11, we can expect to see the OnePlus 12 in 2023. Here’s a summary of the rumors and leaks about what it may feature:
- Release Date: OnePlus usually launches their new phones in China first, then other countries. Rumors suggest it may launch in China in December 2023 or January 2024, with a global launch a month or two later.
- Processor: Like previous years, it will likely have the newest and most powerful Snapdragon processor (expected to be the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3).
- Design: Leaks show it may keep a similar design to the 11, with a bigger screen and centered front camera. It could come in white too.
- Display: Rumors say it will have a 6.7 inch screen with better resolution and refresh rate than the 11. It may also get brighter.
- Cameras: The main and ultrawide cameras may be upgraded to 50 megapixels each. A 64 megapixel periscope camera is also expected for stronger zoom.
- Battery & Charging: Could get a larger 5,400mAh battery and keep fast 100W wired and 50W wireless charging.
- Price: The OnePlus 11 was only $699, but the 12 may cost more due to better specs. Earlier Pro models cost around $900.
Stay tuned for more leaks and updates as the launch gets closer. Will the OnePlus 12 be the phone worth waiting for in 2023? Only time will tell.