When it comes to photo apps, Google Photos is without a doubt the king. This tool transforms your photo-viewing experience with ease due to its simple layout. For every user, Google Photos is a handy companion, helping with everything from organizing your photo memories to providing instant access. We’ll explore the simple steps to set it as your default gallery app in this guide, so browsing through your digital gallery will be a breeze.
Wondering how to set Google Photos as your main photo viewer? We’ve got you covered with these simple steps:
- Open your phone’s settings app.
- Select “Apps & Notifications”.
- Find Gallery in the list of apps and tap on it.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner and choose “Default apps”.
- Select Google Photos as your default gallery from the popup menu.
Now Google Photos will open automatically every time you want to see your pictures. No more confusion about which app to use!
What is the default photo app?
The photo app that comes preinstalled on your phone is called the default app. Different phones have different default apps based on who made the phone. The default app shows all your pictures and videos in one place, right on your device.
Some common default apps include Google Photos, Samsung Gallery, and the stock photo viewer app from your phone’s manufacturer.
Why choose Google Photos over the Default App?
While your phone’s default photo app is convenient, Google Photos has some great extra features:
- Automatically backs up all your photos to the cloud. Never lose photos, even if your phone breaks!
- Access your entire photo collection from any device, like your computer.
- Powerful editing tools to fix pictures with just a few taps.
- The clever organization makes it super easy to find old photos.
- Free, unlimited storage for high-quality photos and videos